Monday, April 18, 2016

4-18-16

Hey everyone!!

Sorry for not writing last week. Life is crazy, as you all know very well. But I'm doing very well :) Couldn't be better actually. This last week Elder Gudmundson and I have been attending meetings with President and preparing for zone training. Then on Thursday we gave the zone training and let me tell you, it was phenomenal! The Spirit was so incredibly strong the entire time and I learned so much. Together we set the goal of putting 20 new people on baptismal date this transfer. It's been a long time since that has happened, but I believe we can do it!

Two weeks ago we got a referral from the office for a man that lives in a city called Glumsø. We went out and visited him last week and it went great! He's from America but has been in Denmark for 20 years and speaks fluent Danish. It was quite strange really. 3 English speaking human beings standing in a front garden speaking Danish to each other. I didn't even think to switch over to English until my companion said something on the way home! Anyway, we came back 3 days ago and taught him the first lesson and it went great! The Spirit was there, he accepted a Book of Mormon and a commitment to read and pray and even prayed with us there on the spot. Only problem was that when we tried to set up a return appointment he told us to come back in two weeks. Two weeks!! We were a little disappointed.

For investigators to really progress they need to be met with multiple times a week. Oh well... there was nothing we could do. BUT!! Last night we suddenly got a text from him and he said(and I quote) ''Hey guys. I hope it's okay that I write to you. I know our appointment is 2 weeks from now, but I thought I might be able to invite you over for dinner. I haven't been able to stop thinking about our last visit. You've caused me to really consider my existence and help me recognize a connection with God I didn't know I had. Feel free to bring a member of the Church along if it would make you feel more comfortable....''!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that awesome?!?! We were so excited last night. You should have seen us celebrating in our apartment. So now we are going to meet with him on Wednesday instead of 2 weeks from now and invite him to be baptized with a date. Can't wait!!

Also, since President gave me the commission, I have been putting all of the Mission Scripture Masteries to song in Danish and sending them to the entire mission. I'll send you a copy of one or two so you can hear what it sounds like ;) Maybe Dad can even put them on the blog for everyone to hear. It's a little hard to sing in Danish, but I manage. 

I know that this is God's work. He trusts us enough to give us our agency and make our own choices, but I don't doubt that he is involved in our lives and especially in the work of Salvation. I'm proud to be a missionary. I love it. I hope it never ends. 

Have a great week!!! I Love you all!!


-Elder Jed Bradshaw






No comments:

Post a Comment