Thursday, November 13, 2014

11/10/14

Dearest friends and Family,
I'm sure you all know why I've gathered you here together today...... well I hope so. Because I certainly don't. I dunno where I was going with that....... ummmm so we're currently waiting on transfer calls, and to be honest I'm a wee bit nervous. We're expecting Elder Hooper to move, so I'll probably be taking over the area and getting a new companion!! It's really exciting, but it'll be the first time that transfers actually affect me. Keep your fingers crossed that I get someone good!
We had zone training this week, which was waaaaaay fun! Because it's the month of November, we ate a thanksgiving lunch (I know it's a Little early) and played some turkey bowl football! It was tons of fun, even though we were all freezing Cold. There should be some Pictures on the mission blog. We found two new families this week, both from Ghana!! We have already taught one of them and it went really well, and we plan on teaching the other one here soon. We've been fasting lots as a mission lately to get new investigators, and the Lord is hearing our prayers. As a mission this week we got exactly 100 new investigators, which might not sound like a lot, but for Denmark, it's a new record!!! Never before has that happened in the history of the Danish Mission!!  How blessed are we??
We also had Stake Conference this week, which was just incredible. I loved seeing so many of the saints gathered in one place. None of our chapels could fit everyone, so they rented out a highschool auditorium and over 700 saints filled the room. It was so amazing. I remember walking in and the Whole place, even though it was packed, was dead quiet, because there was a girl up on the stage singing this song about Christ (in English, which was weird) that just pierced you to the soul. I honestly thought this woman was an angel. And then we were Lucky enough to have a celebrity guest speaker! I'm sure you've all seen Finding Faith in Christ and The Testaments... well the man that plays Jesus in those movies is a famous Danish actor, and he spoke! It was really something special. He told us all about his experiences on set.
Haha okay as I was writing this, the assistants called!!! And, just as we thought, Elder Hooper is leaving me! And my new companion is Elder Nielsen..... We're pretty sure it's actually a kid that went to Lone Peak with me!! Oh man... I'm not sure how I feel about this one..... Pray for us :)
Love you all,

Ældste Bradshaw















No comments:

Post a Comment