Monday, December 8, 2014

12-8-14



Today I would just like to take a minute to tell you all about a woman named *A*. She's a short Little less active lady in our Ward, no taller than 4'10", but an absolute bundle of joy. Haha I'm really not quite sure how to describe *A* to you. You would have to meet her to truly understand what she's like, but I'll do my best. She's about 53 and we've been teaching her and her husband *S* since day one of the mission. They have two young children that both live with separate foster parents. *A* loves to Cook and would make us food EVERY time that we came over. She has an INCREDIBLE imagination and insisted that Elvis Presley was her actual father and that she was the best of friends with Michael Jackson. Haha but she has such a good sweet Heart and all she ever really wanted was to be together with her children again as one big Family. *A* has been a small ray of sunshine for me. She was often the highlight of my week. She has played a VERY big part in my mission Thus far, teaching her at least 3 times a week. I've really come to love this lady. But on Saturday morning I did something I never imagined I would ever have to do. I, with 5 other men, lowered her tiny Little White coffin into the hard cold ground. She's gone. Nobody expected it. It just happened.
The service was held at a local Dansk Folke Kirke (church of Denmark) and it was so strange. Not many people knew her so I was one of the only ones that showed up to her sad Little funeral. It was really quite sad. This woman that had meant so much to me was just gone and nobody even showed up to celebrate her beautiful life. I remember sitting there in silence, just thinking, when the church bells started ringing loud in my ears. It struck something deep inside me... I'm not sure how to explain it. I felt so hollow and empty inside..
Anyway.... I would just really appreciate it if you would all keep *A* in your prayers. She didn’t have many friends, so not many people will miss her, but your prayers on her behalf would be fantastic. I know she'll see her loved ones Again, but it's still sad. I thought lots about the plan of salvation that day. I sure am grateful for it.
But it's not just sad Things happening, I promise!! This week two more people decided to get baptized!! First is *V*, that blonde lady that cuts my hair!! She's getting baptized on January 17th!! And second is *J*!!! AHHH I can’t believe it when she finally said that she wants to be baptized! So yeah... Things to be happy about as well :)
I love you all!

-Ældste Jed Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment