Monday, February 2, 2015

2-2-15

Well..... Where do I begin? You won't believe what happened to me this week. I'm going to try my best to describe it, but I'm not sure I can put it all in Words.
So as you all know, I've been in Hillerød for almost half a year now, and I'm absolutely in LOVE with the place. Transfer calls are supposed to come in today, but I really doubt they'll even bother to call me this time round. You see, something happened last Monday afternoon that I will never forget.... We had just finished our P-day and were walking out of this store we had been in with *J*. The store was fantastic and I even managed to snag a sweet pair of shoes, but as we were leaving the place, something happened that quickly changed my mood. The phone rang... I answered and it was President Sederholm on the other end... Woah. It's not very often that you get phone calls from the mission president himself. Anyway, I answered the phone with my usual cheerful ''Hej, det er Ældste Bradshaw!!'' but he quickly said '' sorry elder Bradshaw, but we'll need to speak English for this conversation.'' .... woah. I could tell it was serious. He went on to describe to me what had been happening to a missionary in an area called Nykøbing Falster, Elder Petersen. Apparently he had been in the hospital for about two weeks now due to some VERY serious Health problems, and was going to be sent home in the morning, and that he desperately needed a missionary to replace him in his area and that that missionary was ME. He told me that I would be moving to Nykøbing Falster the very next morning. That meant that I had less than 24 hours to pack my bags, say goodbye to everyone that I had come to love, and be in a city 2 hours away in under 24 hours..... I couldn't believe it.
Of course I told president that I would be willing to do whatever he needed of me, but as soon as I got off of the phone with him, I just stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know who to go see. I couldn't move. We usually have 7 entire days to say goodbye to everyone and a Sunday in church before we have to leave. I had one evening. Luckily, as I stood there in shock not knowing what to do, Elder Nelson took some action. He called up the *H* family and the *R* family straight away and was lucky enough to set up one big appointment at the Ricks house where everyone could come and say goodbye. So *J* came with us and we headed over there. It was such a bitter-sweet night. We had a little spiritual thought, but for the most part we just all talked about the great times that we had had together over the last 6 months. And you know what the weirdest part was?? THIS goodbye was 10x harder that the goodbyes that I gave back in Utah. That doesn't make sense to me. Far more tears were shed here in Denmark. I'll never forget the look on *M*'s face as she walked to her car after we had just said goodbye. Here was this 40 year old woman that had been a Danish tv superstar, crying over a snot-nosed punk missionary from America. Never before have I wanted more to break the mission rules than at that moment and just give the woman a darn hug!
Anyway... I won't say everything that happened that night, because it's quite personal to me, but how's about I tell y'all a thing or two about my new area?? :D Nykøbing is great! It's on the very Southern coast of Denmark. It's actually its own Island separate from the main body of Sjæland, and it's just beautiful. The work here is.... well I'll be completely honest with you, it's very slow compared to my last area. But that will be changing soon!! We were actually very blessed to be able to take a man that we just reactivated here through the temple for his very first time!! Oh and guess what?? So you remember *J*, the lady that used to cut my hair that just got baptized?? Well we were planning on taking her to the temple before I left Hillerød to do baptisms for the dead, and I was very upset that I wouldn't be able to go anymore, but they managed to get her session planned in the Copenhagen temple for the same time that I would be there on Saturday with our new member!!! I was able to take my new friend *M* through for the first time AND was able to take my old friend *J* through! It was such an incredible day.
Okay so I'm in a branch now. Woah. That's different. Only about 15 people. And guess what? I bore my testimony yesterday, and I'm giving a half hour talk next Sunday!!! Haha oh my... it's crazy. But the branch is great. A Little odd, but great :)
Okay sorry this email was so long. I still feel like there is so much I haven't told you. Have a great week!!! Lemme know if you have any questions.

-Ældste Bradshaw















No comments:

Post a Comment