Monday, March 16, 2015

3-16-15

Well... I'm drawing a little bit of a blank this week. 
We didn't spend much time in our own area due to the fact that Elder Zalweski has been performing baptismal interviews all over the district and we live at least 3 hours away from anyone, so when we do go up to other people's areas we usually end up spending the night with them. I'm pretty sure we were only in Nykøbing Falster for 2 or 3 whole days this week. Otherwise I've been traveling about, getting to know southern Sjælland. 
We did manage to meet with *M* this week. He's a retired soldier that served in Iraq. He's seen some absolutely terrible things (I'll spare you the gory details) and uses drinking to help him forget. Well, he told us this week out of nowhere that he wants to stop drinking and has signed up at the local addiction center!! So if he does manage to hold out and fight the good fight, he should be on his way to baptism very soon here :)
We also met with *K* again this week. She's that old lady that can't even walk. Well, when we got to her place, she was in a VERY bad state. She's become terribly sick and it doesn't look like there is anything else the doctors can do for her... her guess is that she will be gone before we manage to come back again... Well, we offered to give her a priesthood blessing, and she gladly accepted. The thing was, I figured Elder Z would be giving the blessing seeing as I've never given one in Danish before, but she INSISTED that I give it to her. So I did. With shaking hands I did my very best to give her a blessing in a language that I hardly knew. I don't even remember what I said, but I remember it was almost fluent Danish... I didn't quite understand what was happening, and then it was over. I'll never forget that.
Anyway, we have tons of appointments set up for this next week and we think we can beat our previous high score! Wish us luck!
Sorry I don't have much time to write this week. I accidentally spent a little too much time on some other emails :/ 
I love you all soooooooooo much!!

-Elder Jed Bradshaw


























No comments:

Post a Comment