Monday, March 30, 2015

3-30-15

Happy Monday everyone :)
You all look beautiful! Things are great over here right now. Very windy, but great! Things have been going so well since Elder Taylor got here. The work is taking off even more, which I didn't think was possible. Him and I have so much fun together because we both love being really bold when contacting people, so we say some hilarious things to complete strangers sometimes. One funny story from the other day: Elder Taylor and I were on a train on our way to district meeting and a group of 4 Danish girls about 17-18 years old sat down next to us.
Elder Taylor and I were speaking English to each other, and the girls thought it was hilarious and were giggling amongst themselves. I guess they didn't think we could speak Danish because they were blatantly talking about us in Danish right in front of us. Well... being the missionary that I am, I had to talk to them. So I leaned over and said ''Goddag. Har i nogensinde hørt om Mormon Kirken?'' Oh my goodness they were just blown away. They starting freaking out because they realized that we had understood everything they had been saying about us! But I managed to strike up a conversation about the church with one girl in specific. She seemed more interested in the fact that we were from America than  our church, but hey, I wasn't gonna just stop talking to her.
Anyway, I ended up giving the girl our card which had our phone number on it. Whoops.... that might have been a mistake :/ Well, to make a long story short, she ended up texting us TONS of questions. The Word of Wisdom. The Law of Chastity. Eternal Marriage. Elder Taylor and I saw it as a great teaching opportunity, so we replied to all of her questions. We asked her if she wanted to meet up sometime and learn more, to which she replied ''I only want to meet up with the Bradshaw, the one I talked to on the train so we can get to know each other'' .... Oh dear. We explained that we're always together, but she didn't seem to understand that. But in the end she ended up sending the following text (translated of course) ''Look here Bradshaw!! I don't want to hear about Christ! I don't want to get to know you're church! I want to know if you're the one I'm supposed to marry!!'' ..... it also included a few other statements that I have strategically left out. But yeah... that's when we decided to drop her :) Gotta watch out for these Danish girls. They're beautiful, but got to be careful. 
Haha I thought you might enjoy that little story, but there are also tons of great spiritual experiences from this week, as always. I don't know if I've ever told you about *O*, but he is now on track to be baptized in June!! It was such a great lesson. He has a super strong testimony. We also met with *E* this week! We're now 2 for 2 on the tears. She just cried and cried the entire time. Ah I love teaching. The spirit is always so strong. Unfortunately we had daylight savings this week, so she overslept and didn't make it to our early church services, but she'll probably be watching conference with us! Oh boy I can't wait for conference. 
Okay well it's been a great week! I hope it has been for all of you as well :)
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!
-Ældste Bradshaw














No comments:

Post a Comment