Monday, May 11, 2015

5-11-15

Good morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day. Remember, unless you have a sibling that was bigger than you when you were born, YOU are the most painful thing your mother has ever experienced. To my Mother, all I have to say is: I'm sorry and I love you :)
Well it's a little weird emailing this week seeing as I just saw my family yesterday. It's always so difficult to hang up that Skype call because I look foward to it for so long and then when it's over I know that it will be another 6 months until I see them again. But I'm so grateful for my incredible family and all that they do to support me :) We were actually just talking about families yesterday in our priesthood lesson (the class that consists of two men and two missionaries). We were talking about how everything in the church is built off of the family and how a good home is the best place for a child to grow up strong in the gospel. Well I sure am lucky then because I had the best family ever.  We always held daily scripture study and prayer no matter what. My parents were always the best examples. My Mum is  the most Chirstlike person I know and I would be lucky to become half the man my Dad is. I love my family!!!
This last week in Nykøbing we had a great lesson with *M*. We ran through the baptismal questions with him to make sure he was ready for his upcoming baptismal date. He passed with flying colors except for one question. The Word of Wisdom. Oh boy... Now, let it be known that he has come a VERY long way from where he was before. When we first met him he was smoking multiple packs of cigarettes a day and drinking around 30 beers plus whisky. He has now completely stopped smoking and drinks about 10 beers a day. So he has come a long way, but we need a miracle to get him to give up alcohol for good.
We've been having lots of what we call ''make it or break it lessons'' with our investigators lately. Lots of them have been investigating for a long time now but aren't making much progress, so we're cleaning out our teaching pool and looking for some new people that are actually going to do something with what we teach. It's always hard to drop those kind of investigators because it means we won't be teaching as many lessons, but it's worth it in the long run. We're out here to find the elect so that's what we're going to do. That means knocking and talking to EVERYONE :) Can't wait!!
I love you all!!! Have a fantastic week!

-Elder Jed Bradshaw




No comments:

Post a Comment