Monday, May 4, 2015

5-4-15

Hey.
Well, transfer calls came on Thursday..... and.... (drum roll)....................... Elder Taylor and I are staying together!!!!!! WHOOOHOOO! It's actually pretty crazy because that means that I will probably be in Nykøbing for a total of 5 transfers (35 weeks) seeing as this is Elder Taylor's last transfer. But you know what? I couldn't be happier. Not just because I'm having the time of my life with Elder Taylor but because I know that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be. There are people here that I'm supposed to meet and there are people here that are supposed to meet me. It's a very win win situation.
Let's see what happened this week.... sorry I never think about these emails beforehand. I just kinda do my best off of memory and things often get lost in the process. Well we've started teaching a new woman named *D* and her son *J*. They're amazing!!! They're so nice I would almost think they weren't Danish! But they are and we love going over to their place. *J* is 14 and loves two things. Soccer and Skateboarding. So we've played some good football matches and kicked a few kick flips on his skateboard. Lots of fun.
*M* is doing great! He's taken great leaps forward with the word of wisdom, but it's still going very slow with him. We're just praying and praying that he makes his date in July. I'm sure he will :)
Oh here's a thing that happened! We got a phone call from our mission president on Friday saying that there was a man in OUR local hospital in Nykøbing that needed visiting. He gave us no information other than his name. We were expecting him to be some old Danish man, but when we walked into the hospital room there was a young American fellow sitting upright on the hospital bed... he told us he had been expecting us. We told him that nobody had told us what was going on and asked him what on earth had happened to him. He then told us the long story of how he was on vacation here in Denmark from Utah and that one morning he woke up in his hotel bed in a deep puddle of blood! He knew no Danish and had no friends or contacts seeing as he was here on vacation alone. He managed to yell for help and the maid called the ambulance for him. Anyway, his situation was very critical and they found out that he has a fatal disease from which he could very easily die. They refuse to release him from the hospital. He knows nobody here and could be dying on his Danish death bed completely alone.... he asked us simply for a priesthood blessing, so we gave him one. We have not seen him since, but please please keep him in your prayers if you can. His name is *J*.
Sorry that was kind of a downer.... things are going great in the area!! We just had stake conference which was great!! I was able to see lots of my old friends from previous areas! I just love Danish people so much. It really bothers me that you don't all know all the amazing people that I know. I wish we could all just be one big family.
Well I love you all! Take care and have a great week :)
-Elder Jed Bradshaw
P.S. we visited Møns Klint today which is basically just a better version of the cliffs of Dover. I Included some pictures. They're MASSIVE chalk cliffs right on the coast. Enjoy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment