Monday, October 5, 2015

10-5-15

Kære venner og familie,

Happy Conference week!!! I don't know about you all, but I absolutely LOVED conference, and I haven't even had a chance to watch all of the sessions yet due to time differences! Oh man it really is such an incredible thing that we have a living prophet of God on the earth today. And THREE new apostles called!! Did you know that it's been 100 years since that has happened?? What an exciting time we live in! I especially enjoyed what the last of the three had to say ( I can't remember all of their names). 

But here are a few nuggets that I took away from conference so far: 
  • Sometimes we make the gospel far more complicated than it needs to be. The true principles of the gospel are all very simple. Simplify.
  • The phrase ''journey of discipleship'' seemed to be a reoccurring theme. Exaltation (living as God lives) is the goal. Discipleship is the journey. A journey always starts with the first step, so start where you are. Don't worry about where you are not. Take the next step necessary to begin repentance. The sooner the better.
  • The Holy Ghost can give very customized and practical revelation. Ask him what the next step is for you right now. If it is to be that you should clean your room, so do it. If he tells you to call your Mum and just chat with her, do it. 
  • For the Lord, our direction is far more important than our speed.
  • We must be temple worthy. Always.
  • Today is a day of choosing. Chose to believe. The apostles seems to be focusing on that a lot recently. 
  • Avoid debt at all costs. Pay tithing first, then live within your means.
  • Dating: Observe the way the people you date act under difficult circumstances. Modesty is far more important than I previously thought. Live worthy of the person you are going to one day marry. We don't marry perfection, we marry potential. 
  • Motherly love MUST be divine. My mother is the greatest example of Christ I know.
  • The culminating act of all Creation was the creation of Woman. Women, you influence is far greater than you could ever imagine. I salute you.
  • It's never too early, it's never too late.

I hope you got some of the same impressions as me and many more. General Conference is such a wonderful opportunity to bless our lives.

We were able to have 3 investigators watch conference in the church with us and hope to be going into the homes with many more this week to watch it with them once the Danish translation comes out. 

Here's a fun thing that's happening: I have been asked by a church here in Århus to gather together a band and play at an up and coming youth convention they will be having for thousands of youth across Denmark!! Elder Vance and I have been attending their weekly Bible study class and this last week after the class I was jamming out on one of their guitars on the stage and the Priest insisted that I come and play. Now the problem of finding enough talented missionaries/members to help me out! But this should be a great chance for us to have some good influence on thousands of young believing youth.

Other than that, we have only been in our own area for a total of 8 hours this week due to the fact that we have been doing a tour of the zone and visiting all 24 missionaries. It's been fantastic and we have seen so many miracles!! This is the Saviors work. I have no doubt about that. I love you all!!! Have a great week!!

Ældste Jed Bradshaw


PS my address is Åparken 6 st. 3, Århus 8000, Denmark. Try and use the weird Danish vowels if you can.   






















No comments:

Post a Comment