Tuesday, January 19, 2016

1-18-16

Woah, Slagelse is fantastic!! The members here are just so excited about missionary work. Never before have I seen a ward mission leader as motivated as the one we have here. He is determined that we will have 3 baptisms as a district by the end of this transfer. I believe him. I know we can do it. Elder Dickson and I have set some huge goals together as to how we can get out there and find the one. Our primary objective is to receive referrals from the members here. Slagelse has already seen tons of member referrals get baptized, so I know it can happen again. I just need to build some basic member relations, then show them I mean business. 

Yesterday was my first Sunday in the ward and I was given the wonderful opportunity to give a talk. I was a little intimidated at first seeing as I don't even know the ward yet, but then I saw it as the perfect way for me to introduce myself and win over their trust. It went great, I think :/

We have a great big teaching pool here, but nobody that is particularly positive, so we are going out finding quite a bit. We could teach all day if we wanted, but I don't think that would be too effective with our current investigators. So I'm praying hard that the Lord will lead us to someone that we can put on baptismal date this week. 

We were also in Copenhagen this last week for our monthly leadership conference. It went well enough. We will be training the mission on how to get more progressing investigators. 

OH! I had a great experience this last Saturday! I had the great opportunity to meet my grandfather!! No, I don't mean grandpa Bradshaw or Wilkins, but grandpa Vanderput. The very man that trained my father in his mission in London many many years ago. 


It's been a great week! I'm just excited to put my mark on this place and leave it better than I found it. I hope you all have a great week!! I love you!!

Ældste Bradshaw




No comments:

Post a Comment