Monday, February 1, 2016

2-1-16

Buenos Dias Amigos!!!

Sorry about the lull in my emailing last week. I simply forgot to write. Too much going on :) But everything is great here in the promised land! Okay maybe not the promised land... Danes are a Little too unrighteous to make such a claim. But really I'm loving it here in my new area. I've already made lots of friends, especially with my new companion! Elder Dickson is a music major at BYU going in to organ performance. His goal is to be the organist that we all see on the telly during general conference. Needless to say, we have a blast together. Our apartment has converted into a studio now complete with two guitars, a keyboard, harmonica and ukulele. We write tons of songs in our free time and have even been able to sing a song we wrote for a homecoming missionary in the Ward here. It's scrumptious.

We've been teaching a fellow named *A* from Romania this week fairly consistently. We didn't think it was going to well, then yesterday he just showed up for sacrament meeting!! He had come once or twice before, but always left right afterwards. Well this time I tricked him into coming to guest class! I simply engaged him in a good conversation and casually walked as we talked. I walked right into where I knew the class was going to be held then sat down, all as we talked. Then people slowly filed in and he was trapped! Class began and we had a great discussion about the plan of salvation.

Otherwise we have an investigator or two, but I don't think we have managed to find ''the one'' that I'm certain we will find. I guess we just need to hit the streets some more. I love talking to strangers, so that's not a problem.

This last Tuesday Elder Dickson and I dedicated our area. We found some sweet Viking ruins out in the middle of nowhere full of the original foundation stones they used for their long houses. We knelt down on the wet grassy plain and offered a prayer to the Lord. It was a great experience. The Spirit was quite strong and I felt a special connection to Denmark and the people that live here. I love being able to serve in this beautiful place.

I hope you all have a great week! I love each and every one of you.


Ældste Jed Bradshaw














No comments:

Post a Comment