Monday, May 23, 2016

5-23-16

Dearest friends and family,

Happy Monday!! Things here in Slagelse are just great. My new companion's name is Elder Murphy and we're just getting work done! He's from California and has been on his mission for about 1 year now. We've only been together for 6 days, but we're already seeing miracles! We set a standard for ourselves that we will always find a minimum of 2 new investigators a week (but honestly we'll probably far exceed that) and always have at least 3 progressing investigators. If you don't know what those words mean, I recommend you as an RM.

This last Wednesday while walking on the cobble stoned streets of Slagelse, we were in the middle of a contact with these two younger ladies when out of the corner of my eye I saw a very familiar sight... and old 90 year old man shuffling one inch at a time down the street!! I instantly recognized him as one of the investigators that the ZLs had in this area back when I was in Nykøbing Falster that I had taught on splits several times. Back then he was very positive, but moved apartments and was never found again by the Elders.

Well, I left Elder Murphy hanging to finish the contact and ran over to him! He instantly recognized the white shirts and tags and could hardly contain himself! Haha his name is Paul and we have now taught him twice this week and he is very excited to attend church with us this weekend. It's crazy how the Lord guides us on our paths to lead us to those that we need to talk to. It doesn't just happen for missionaries though, I'm certain that the Lord is guiding all of us each and every day to a celestial destination. We just need to listen to His Spirit and we can follow that guidance. 

Otherwise, we have been in Copenhagen to attend mission leadership council. We discussed some really good things that I really think can help the mission. Big things are just around the corner!! Wait, no, big things are already here!! Great and marvelous things happen EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's wonderful! 

Okay, I best be off. Remember, you are NEVER too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. Do something amazing today. Christ, a God, came to earth as a man, so that we, as men and women, might become as God. We have soooooo much potential! Live up to it! 

I love you all.


Ældste Bradshaw




























No comments:

Post a Comment