Monday, May 2, 2016

5-2-16

Hello my people. YOU are a winner because you took the time to read this. Thank you :) 

Okay, I flippin' love this country. The people here are just the worst, but I've never loved anyone more than I love them. I don't quite understand it. No wait, yeah I do. It's the love of Christ. Bleh, okay I just love everyone I see and I love it! 

This week was out of this world. I'll just jump right into the most exciting part and save the boring things for those of you who read the entire email ;) Okay, so 2 weeks ago we started teaching that guy F*, right? You know, the American Genius with 2 PHDs who speaks fluent Danish? Well, We invited him to be baptized this last Thursday. He said no to the date that we extended him, but promised us he would come to church. So. Yesterday at church, good old Frank shows up to church half an hour early in his BMW and Bertoni suit, lets himself in (we hadn't even seen him at this point) and introduces himself to the Bishop and First Counselor! They just sat and chatted for 15 minutes in Bishops office and got to know each other. Then sacrament started. It was fast and testimony meeting. Sister Keller got up to bare her testimony and Frank started tearing up!! He loved the meeting, then came to guest class afterwards. He participated as if he were a member, giving all the right answers!! 

Okay, so church was great, but the best part was after church! We were just sitting in our apartment making food when we get a text from F*. I'm just going to quote the text exactly because it was SO amazing!! He said '' ”I had a wonderful time today! I feel like I have come home. My heart is filled with love and acceptance. Several times, while driving home, i got tears of joy in my eyes. When i got home, I fell to my knees in thanks to God. I feel a peace and excitement I never have experienced. 

Today is a turning point in my life. How can i deny the gift God has shown to me - one that was always there, if I had been clear to see it. 

I want to learn all you know of Jesus and his ways. I want to accept him as my Savior and live by his example. I want to accept and follow the church teachings - the way of Christ. 

We talked about baptism... I welcome this as a demonstration of my beliefs. 

I am SO glad that you will 'double team' me on Wednesday kl 13.30. Looking forward to seeing you all. 

Be you all blessed in the name of Lord, Jesus Christ! And keep you well til we meet again!

Your humble servant in Christ, Frank.”

...... We couldn't believe it!! Never before have I seen such quick and absolute conversion happen in an investigator as this. I think the Lord has been preparing F* for a very long time. We immediately replied and set a baptismal date with him. He accepted with an open heart. Isn't that beautiful!?!?!? 

Okay, so that was the highlight. I also had my 'My Plan' meeting this week. That is basically a meeting that missionaries have right before they go home so they can prepare for going back home. It was actually very inspiring. I can't wait to get home and continue to progress in the Lord's hands. 

I love this country. I love my Savior. I love you all!! 
Have a great week!!

Ældste Jed Bradshaw 





























No comments:

Post a Comment