Monday, October 27, 2014

10/27/14

Happy Halloween week y'all,

So daylight savings was this week in Denmark, which means that it gets darker even EARLIER than before, which I honestly did not think was possible. The sun usually goes down around 4 PM and it is pitch Black by about 6 PM. I sure could use some vitamin D. Pray for sun in Denmark!

Other than that, things are really looking up for us! It's too cold to rain anymore, so we sometimes get extremely light snow, which is nice. I hated being wet all the time. And besides the weather, the Lord has blessed us with tons of new investigators!! Lots of our old investigators have slowly been falling out of contact with us, so we desperately needed some new ones, and sure enough, they came. Last night alone we got 3 new investigators. One of them is actually a really funny story. We knocked on their door and told them about the church, and they were NOT interested, but then I noticed something. On their doorway they had a sticker of Mickey mouse, so I asked them about it. Boom! We were in. They were absolutely OBSESSED with everything Disney, and luckily, I've been to Disneyland many a time, so I was able to have an instant connection with them. But you would not beleive how obsessed this couple was with Disney. I'm not kidding when I say that they had a room in the house that was completely covered with Disney, so much that you could not see the walls or floor. It was incredible. And then after we had talked about all their favorite Disney things, we were able to turn the conversation back to the Gospel and even set up a return appointment! Haha, thanks Disney.

So yeah, the work is really hastening. Margret should be getting baptized either this Saturday or the next, so that's exciting! She's such an incredible lady. Super funny too. Elder Hooper and I have started teaching the guest class every Sunday again, so that's lots of fun. We usually never plan a lesson because there is usually at least one investigator there that has some crazy question that we end up talking about the Whole time. It's amazing to see how many people come to that class now compared to when I first got here. We're being truly blessed with tons of new people. The hard part is just turning them into baptisms.

I've also spent a considerable amount of time down at the States office trying to become legal. They've never had anyone in my situation before that comes from England but lives in America, so they have no idea how to handle it. They're demanding to see a bank statement from the Church to prove that they can support me here in Denmark, but obviously that's very confidential and the church can't give that out. But if they did see how much money was sitting in the Church's bank account, I'm sure they would all be baptized immediately.

Sorry I don't have any crazy stories this week. We've just been busy with the work. We taught tons of lessons this week, which is my favorite part of missionary work, so I'm happy. I've got my dad Upstairs looking out for me. Love that guy.

Have a great Halloween week everyone!!

Love you all!!

-Ældste Bradshaw
(Oh I just remembered, we started guitar contacting this week, so that's super fun. K bye)








No comments:

Post a Comment