Tuesday, August 26, 2014

7/23/14

Hey everyone!!
I'll just send my weekly email to my dad and hopefully he will send it to everyone else. I wish I could write each of you individually, but I have so little time and so many people to reply to! Ah there is so much to say. Why dont I start with my companions. I'm in a trio companionship, which is really rare. Elder Dickson and Elder Porter. And yeah its the same Nathan Porter that Amy was telling us all about!! Small world huh? They're both just amazing. Our district consists of 7 Elders and 5 sisters and they are all so incredible. We're already closer than family. Its almost weird. Haha. The danish district is Legendary. 
We play soccer every morning for gym and we have yet to lose a game! They say that rumors float around the MTC of the Danes that cant be beat. We beat the Bulgarians on the first day and you wouldnt believe the goal that Elder Amos and I scored. Amos (the kid from Liverpool) crossed it in and I behind the heel flicked it to nutmeg the keeper!! Haha I love gym time. We beat the Germans today. Just got back from that 10 minutes ago. I dunno how people put on weight in the MTC. Our district is gonna be ripped by the end of it with all the walking, gym time, and workouts in residence. Haha
Okay Danish is sooooo hard, BUT, I can testify that the gift of tongues is real. I look back on the first day here and its almost unbelieveable how far we have come. I can already struggle through almost any discussion in Danish. Pray for me to get better though!! We study for about 7 hours a day. I already committed our "investigator" to attend church and he's almost ready for baptism!
Haha its great. You get really tired here sometimes because you're ALWAYS busy and working hard. I get lots of headaches from focusing so much. Also, I regret taking spanish because its really messing up my Danish. 
Okay as far as mail and packages are concerned, send MORE!!!! I cant tell you how good it feels to get mail. It helps a missionary soooo much just to know that there are people back home rooting for them, and when you dont get any, its easy to get discouraged. I have a picture that I was going to show you of how much stuff the other elders get from home, but I cant get the SD slot to work. Just imagine and entire dorm room floor covered in snacks and gifts. The dear elder things are super easy so send more!! Oh and Mum and Dad, send more garments. I dont have enough when you include gym time. 
Okay I testify this church is true. I see the spirit working on these missionaries and myself every day. I know Jesus Christ is our savior. I know God loves all of us and wants us to show his love to those that cant feel it. I love you all!!! 
Sorry I cant write more :/
Next time. 
Love 
Ældste Bradshaw

(that's how you say Elder in Danish)

No comments:

Post a Comment