Monday, June 29, 2015

6-29-15

Min Kære Familie!
The sun is shining, but the blessings continue to POUR down in Nykøbing! The work has seen such a huge surge forward in the last two weeks. Just a quick reminder, before I got to Nykøbing there had not been an investigator in church in over 1 1/2 years!! Well just this week we had TWO investigators in church for the second time in a row and then we had a ward activity on Tuesday where we had THREE investigators!! Isn't that awesome!! But I must quote Alma 26:12 when he says that I must not boast of myself, but of my God who is capable of everything. I feel so lucky to be in this area at such a great time. I've really seen that missionary work has much less to do with missionaries than I thought. It's all about being in the right place at the right time to be lucky enough to be there when God does his work.
*T* and *J* and doing wonderful. We started reading with *T* from the Book of Mormon in English, but it was going too slow because he isn't proficient enough in English, so now he's blazing through it in Amharic! He says he cannot make his decision about the book until he has read it all the way through. Fine by me!! Our guest classes with him have been quite intense. He just has so many questions and brings up so many good points. I love investigators like him that actually think and question things. It makes it more fun for us and I always learn things in the process.
Tuesday night was Sankthans Aften which is the celebration of the summer solstice. It was so much fun! We had a bonfire on the beach with the branch where we roasted hot dogs and told stories and sang traditional Danish songs as we watched the sun set on the horizon of the ocean. It was a great time. I even got a chance to bust out the guitar and we all sang what hymns I knew how to play in Danish. So much fun!! Things are just going well in Nykøbing now. It's a shame I'll have to be leaving soon. I feel like that's how it always goes. I get to an area, the beginning is hard, but we work hard and then just at the end the area is perfectly ready for some other missionary to come and get some good ol' harvest. Oh well :) Same team, right?
Well I'm healthy and happy and wish the same for all of you!! I love you all!!
-Ældste Jed Bradshaw




























No comments:

Post a Comment